Vincent - SV-237MK - Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
Class-A Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
How to improve an unbeatable unit? Very easy, just listen to the customers wish. That’s how the SV-237 becomes the SV-237MK. The big change is that we replaced the USB input on multiple wish by an coax and optical input. These inputs are more suitable for daily use and offer more possibilities for connections. The unique circuit of Frank Blöhbum was not changed.
Under the leadership of Frank Blöhbaum, who is the developer of the Thorens electronics and the Auto-Bias control of the T.A.C. tube amplifiers, the circuit design was completely revised and improved. Thus, in the output stage section a phase reserve of 90° was reached by making various changes. This phase reserve provides a much better transient response to complex loads (loudspeakers). Because the amplifier always works virtually during normal operation in state of the transient oscillation - Music represents transient pulses – the improvements can be heard elementary. Musicality and sound are much better than its predecessor. Even the most difficult loudspeakers can be powered easily. The amplifier always dominates the complex load (loudspeaker) without sounding strained.
The preamplifier section was fitted in the second stage with 6N1P tubes. The greater voltage level provides better signal stability. This results in a higher spectral purity of the signal which causes a further improvement in fine detail in the sound. Here, the tube-like musicality is maintained and an analytical coldness never comes in the sound. Another advantage of the improved circuit design is a greatly improved signal to noise ratio. It results in an excellent playback quality also on high efficiency speakers such as the Impulse series of Dynavox: Noise was once. Enjoy explosive live performance as a result of excellent dynamics. Moreover, the volume control has been finely adjusted. Thus, the volume level can be set precisely using remote control.
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz +/- 0.5 dB, 20 Hz - 50 kHz +/-2 dB
- Nominal Output Power RMS / 8 Ohm: 2 x 150 Watt
- Nominal Output Power RMS / 4 Ohm: 2 x 250 Watt
- Nominal Output Power Class A / 8 Ohm: 2 x 10 Watt
- Harmonic Distortion: < 0.1 % (1 kHz, 1 Watt)
- Input Sensitivity: 300 mV
- Signal-Noise Ratio: > 90 dB
- Input Impedance: 47 kOhm
- Inputs: 4 x Stereo RCA, 1 x Optical, 1 x Coaxial
- Outputs: 1 x Stereo RCA Pre Out, 1 x Stereo RCA Rec Out, 4 x 2 Speaker Terminal, 2 x 3.5 mm Jack (Power Control)
- Tubes: 1 x 12AX7; 2 x 6N1P
- Playable Formats: WAV, FLAC, APE, LPCM, MP3, ACC, AC3, WMA
- Colour: Black / Silver
- Weight: 20.4 kg
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 430 x 152 x 435 mm