Step into a world where quality sound meets exceptional service. We're not just selling audio equipment; we're enhancing your lifestyle.
Musical Fidelity - MF-LS5/9 - 2way Bass Reflex Speaker
Lightning Fast Free Delivery*
Don't wait to start your audio adventure. With our lightning-fast delivery, your new high-fidelity audio equipment will be at your doorstep before you know it.
Check Out Our Thousands Of Reviews
Our services hit the high notes, but don't just take our word for it. Scroll down to read the rave reviews from our chorus of happy customers. They've heard the difference, and you can too.
The Musical Fidelity LS5/9 is a two-way bass reflex speaker which was designed to reproduce sound at high levels to fulfil the complete range of music genres from classical to pop music. As the speaker was originally designed for recording studio applications, a low level of coloration was the goal to keep the musicitself untouched.
The bass reflex principle allows the speaker to reach a higher sound pressure. The LS5/9 is truly honest and brings the music to you exactly like the mixing engineer wanted it to sound. The speaker also gives you the possibility to adjust the high-frequency level by resistor jumps to fit your listening preferences.
Built to suit every musical genre
The LS5/9 became an industry standard for music studios, because it was the go-to solution for every genre. That is also the reason it gained more and more popularity also in living rooms. It is able to deliver high sound pressure levels with low colouration and powerful bass. The music stays controlled all the time and the LS5/9 never seems to be over strained. Especially, the stereo center is well-defined and vocals stay natural. Also, the stereo information of instruments is clear, and the sound stage does not feel synthetic at any time.
The LS5/9 was produced by several speaker manufacturers over many decades already, and we are happy to include this special speaker in our Musical Fidelity range.
The Musical Fidelity LS5/9 was manufactured according to the BBC R&D design 1983/10.
The LS5/9 In Brief
- Two way, bass reflex type
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 89dB/W/M
- Manufactured according to the BBC R&D design 1983/10
- For mid/farfield listening distances
- Designed for low level of colouration that keeps the music untouched
- Bass reflex allows the speaker to reach higher sound pressure levels
- High sound pressure levels with low colouration and powerful bass
- Extremely controlled music reproduction, the LS5/9 never seems to be over strained
- Truly extraordinary sound stage and imaging with a well defined and articulate center image
- Perfect combination with bigger Musical Fidelity amplifiers like the M5si, M6si, M6si500
- Astonishingly clear, detailed, honest and warm sound stage