Ortofon - 2M Blue - MM Cartridge
The Ortofon 2M Blue Moving Magnet cartridge has an improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV and an optimized sound reproduction and a high level of sonic accuracy. A great upgrade from basic cartridges that come standard on turntables.
Features an Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire.
Upgrading to the 2M Blue will have you enjoying more dynamics and resolution with more detail than the 2M Red.
The name 2M was selected from several ideas. We wanted a modern name that would be easy to pronounce and remember, and therefore an alphanumerical name was chosen. 2M means MM, which is the abbreviation for moving magnet.
The 2M series of cartridges features Ortofon’s trademark split pole pins, an invention that enables moving magnet cartridges to have a flat frequency response, as with a moving coil cartridge. Split pole pins were invented by Ortofon, and were originally presented in the 500 series and Super OM series.
We have optimized the design for ease of mounting the cartridge, and the weight and size to fit the most common turntables on the market today. The 2M Series provides excellent compatibility when used in an assortment of playback systems and with a wide variety of phono preamps.
The 2M Blue Series features:
- An improved engine, which provides an increased output of 5.5mV
- Nude Elliptical diamond and split pole pins with a copper wire
2M Red Plug and Play model
The new 2M headshell is a practical and elegant solution for our customers who wish direct and easy mounting and replacement on their tonearm. The combination of 2M Headshell and 2M Series cartridge adds unique distinction to the turntable!
2M Headshell features:
- Universal mount fitting a wide range of tonearms. NB: on Technics models please use the auxiliary weight which is vital in this case.
- The headshell body is manufactured from a special compound used for Medical industry, ensures high rigidity while reducing unwanted vibration
- Elegant hi-tech design
- Length 52mm. Headshell with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted provides correct Baerwald alignment with Ortofon TA-110/210, likewise with the major part of tonearms with universal mount
- Weight 16,9g, weight with a 2M cartridge pre-mounted 23g
- Exclusive plug-and-play solution
The 2M headshell is available in 2M PnP configuration (2M cartridge pre-mounted on the 2M headshell).
|Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec.||5.5 mV|
|Channel balance at 1 kHz||1.5 dB|
|Channel separation at 1 kHz||25 dB|
|Channel separation at 15 kHz||15 dB|
|Frequency range at - 3dB||20-25,000 Hz|
|Frequency response||20-20,000 Hz + 2 / - 1 dB|
|Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force||80 µm|
|Compliance, dynamic, lateral||20 µm/mN|
|Stylus type||Nude Elliptical|
|Stylus tip radius||r/R 8/18 µm|
|Tracking force range||1,6-2,0g (16-20 mN)|
|Tracking force (recommended)||1.8 g (18 mN)|
|Internal impedance, DC resistance||1.3 kOhm|
|Internal inductance||700 mH|
|Recommended load resistance||47 kOhm|
|Recommended load capacitance||150-300 pF|
|Cartridge colour (body/stylus)||Black/Blue|
|Cartridge weight||7,2 g|
|Replacement stylus unit||2M Blue (interchangeable with 2M Red)|