Musical Fidelity - M8 Xi - Integrated Amplifier
• 550 watts per channel into 8 Ohm
• True Pre / Power dual mono internal construction
• Frequency Response +0,-1dB, 10Hz to 100kHz
• THD+N: <0.004% typical, 20Hz to 20 kHz (XLR)
• Digital Inputs – 2 x Optical Digital (24b/96) / 2 x Coaxial Digital (24b/192) / Type B USB (24b/192)
• Analogue Inputs – 4 x RCA line level (3 + HT Bypass) / 2 x XLR Balanced
• Outputs - Fixed Line RCA / PRE out RCA + XLR / Digital output Optical + Coaxial / 12v trigger
• Dimensions (mm): 440(w) x 162(h) x 400(d)
• Weight - 40.5kg (48.2kg packed)
The M8xi is a separate preamp with two monobloc power amps sharing a common chassis. Each has its own heat sink and separate transformer. Genuinely dual mono. The preamp has its own separate power supply and is mounted close to the input sockets. Consequently, PCB tracks are very short. This elegant idea ensures that both channels signals are ultra low impedance the instant they get into the amplifier. This is a significant detail. Each channel has twelve big bipolar transistors - 200 amps peak to peak is easily available. The metalwork is high quality. The front panel is a custom made fine line extrusion of milspec aluminium. The custom made heat sinks have outstanding dissipation characteristic and finish. The M8xi construction has the feeling of solidity and quality.
The M8xi delivers 550 + 550wpc into 8 ohms. It is extremely stable and very linear. The distortion is low too; lower than 0.005% in the audible frequency range of 20 Hz to 20 kHz. The M8xi has remarkable linearity and consistency. lt is unconditionally stable and will drive any loudspeaker in existence easily with ample power reserve.