Yamaha - WXC50 - Wireless Streaming Preamplifier
Make your old Hi-Fi gear new again. The WXC-50 lets you access a wide variety of audio content including music streaming services - bringing your old Hi-Fi System into the modern age. Alternatively, stream audio from your components across the MusicCast network. Ask how MusicCast can work for you.
- Use with non-MusicCast amp or receiver to enjoy streaming music or a true MusicCast system
- Compatible with all types of music sources and services, such as streaming services
- MusicCast App for easy operation. The app lets you control other MusicCast-compatible components
- One push play — Pressing any button turns the unit on and initiates playback of the previously selected source
- Retro modern and superior quality
- 48-bit digital volume control is far greater than the input signal bit resolution, achieving high quality control
- Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for high resolution reproduction
- Compact body only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide fits in any convenient location, can be used horizontally or vertically.
- Easy installation - Suitable size for 1U rack with a width of 214 mm (8-3/8") and height of 42 mm (1-5/8") (without feet).
- Low standby power consumption: 1.8 W
- Seamless linkage to Yamaha amp with MAIN IN and Trigger In terminals for control of system power and volume.
- Player mode — turn off Pre Amp mode and use the device as a simple network audio player.
Put it Anywhere, Any Style
Only 214 mm (8-3/8") wide, the compact body fits neatly in any space without drawing attention to itself. You can chose any convenient location, placing it horizontally or vertically, on its own or with other audio components.
High Level Technologies for High Quality Sound
The WXC-50 reaps the benefits of Yamaha’s advanced audio technologies and circuit designs. The preamp circuitry, for example, minimises digital jitter and uses the same high performance ESS DAC that is found in high-end AV receivers. Yamaha’s proprietary power supply ground configuration, called DAC on Pure Ground, ensures that the power supply will never negatively affect sound quality. The 48-bit digital volume control provides much greater precision and quality that conventional digital or analogue controls. In addition, a highly rigid, metal chassis supplies the stability necessary for powerful, clear music reproduction.
Supports DSD 5.6 MHz and FLAC / WAV /AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit for High Resolution Reproduction
The WXC-50 supports a wide range of high resolution formats, including DSD 5.6 MHz, FLAC and WAV, AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit, and ALAC (Apple Lossless) 96 kHz / 24-bit for iTunes. Whether from a music download site or from music streaming services, you can enjoy the full benefits of high resolution sound sources, for a feeling like you’re right inside a concert hall.
Low Power Consumption.
The WXC-50 consumes less than two watts of power in standby mode, When the power is on, power consumption is still a low 5W, and even when used for long periods, power consumption is environmentally friendly. In addition, the Auto Power Down lets you save energy by having the power automatically turned off after 2, 4, 8 or 12 hours.