Rega - Aethos - Integrated Amplifier
The Aethos stereo amplifier is housed in a brand new, custom designed case. Employing four 160 W 16 Amp output transistors per channel, this delivers 156 W per channel into 6 Ω. The Aethos is a dual mono design using a custom wound toroidal transformer and regulated supplies for the sensitive amplification and driver stages. The pre-amplifier stage uses class-A discrete circuitry throughout. The Aethos is a no compromise product with one goal, to deliver your music as faithfully as possible.
Our time, effort and money have been spent on developing the circuit and construction, utilizing the highest specification of components throughout. As part of the design we have included useful features such as the switchable direct input and preamplifier output, to enable the new Aethos amplifier to be used in a wide combination of systems. The headphone socket has been integrated such that the speaker switching is performed by the output mute relay as so not to obstruct the signal path and degrade the sound quality.
We have taken the design concepts underpinning the multi award winning and hugely successful Elex-R and Elicit-R and propelled the performance to the next level and beyond with a 125watt dual mono design with features such as fully discrete FET based line amplifier, polypropylene capacitors throughout the signal path, K-Power reservoir capacitors, power amplifier regulated supply and a high current output stage comprising of four 160w Sanken output transistors per channel.
- 156 W per channel into 6 Ω (125 W per channel into 8 Ω)
- Dual mono design
- 5 Line inputs
- Headphone socket
- Remote control
- Direct input
- Record out
- Pre-amp out
- Lifetime warranty against manufacture defects
- Power Outputs at Rated 230/115 V Supply Voltage : 125 W RMS both channels driven into the rated load of 8 Ω, 156 W RMS both channels driven into 6 Ω
- Record Output :Record output level (with rated input levels) 219 mV, Record output impedance 560 Ω
- Pre-amp Output : Pre-amp output level (with rated input levels) 840 mV, Pre-amp output impedance 100 Ω
- Dimensions (W x H x D) : 433 x 95 x 360 mm (including speaker terminals)
- Weight ; 17.5 kg