Bowers & Wilkins - CT8 XO Mk2
Active Bass Management Controller
- Bass/ midrange crossover, subwoofer/ bass crossover
- Low-frequency roll off alignment, High-frequency roll off alignment
- 3 adjustable low frequency parametric equalizers
- Line in (XLR), Subwoofer in/out, MF/HF Line out (XLR), LF Line out (XLR)
- Level adjustment for number of subwoofers
- 12V trigger switching for surround mode (3.5mm jack)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 445mm x 483mm x 155mm
- Weight: 3kg
CT8 XO Mk2
Working with world-leading audio component manufacturer Classé, B&W has developed a bass management system for the CT800 range whose clarity and power will leave you speechless. In conventional home theatre systems, the very low bass from the front and surround channels is often squeezed into a single subwoofer along with the Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel.
Contrast this with a CT800 system, where a subwoofer is actively combined with each of the front left and right channels, so that they are truly full range and preserve directional information to the lowest frequencies as intended. In fact you can assign up to 4 subwoofers to any of the front or surround channels. The single LFE channel is then distributed to all the subwoofers, giving a much more natural sensation of space and ambience. Even at very high volumes, the system retains consummate control over its output. All you have to do is hold on to your seat.