An ideal bookshelf or wall-mounted speaker, the 686 is designed to fit into any space and still sound perfect. Its main 5-inch driver features a 25mm voice coil which makes for a higher sensitivity speaker with bass more suited for placement near a wall. A front-firing Flowport, dimpled like a golf ball around the aperture for smoothly regulated airflow, delivers superior bass response without the risk of rattle. The 686 even features a built-in bracket for easy wall mounting, but this small, versatile and precise speaker sounds great anywhere.
Real Bowers & Wilkins sound in its most compact form, real sound has never been more affordable.
- 2-Way Bookshelf / Standmount Speakers
- 1 x ø25mm (1") aluminium dome high-frequency
- 1 x ø130mm (5") Kevlar® brand fibre cone bass/midrange
- Sensitivity: 85dB spl (2.83v/1 metre)
- Frequency Response: 62Hz - 22kHz ±3dB on reference axis
- Frequency Range: -6dB at 54Hz and 50kHz
- Crossover Frequency: 4kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms (minimum 5.2 ohms)
- Recommended Amplifier: 25W - 100W into 8ohms on unclipped programme
- Dimensions (H x W x D): 315mm x 160mm x 229mm
- Weight: 4.6kg
- Finishes: Black Ash, White